Last Updated: December 16, 2022
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide additional notice, such as adding a statement to our homepage or notifying you via email.
Persons in the European Economic Area, UK or Switzerland, see the EEA+ Supplemental Data Protection Law disclosures here.
The Notice of Certification Under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework can be found here.
California residents can view and download a PDF copy of your separate CCPA Disclosures here.
The Site may contain links to other websites, applications or online services that are operated and maintained by other entities and that are not under our control of or managed by us. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by us of such other websites, applications, or online services, the content displayed therein, or the persons or entities associated therewith. This Policy does not cover the practices of such other entities, instead their own privacy policies and terms of service will apply. We make no representation or warranty as to the privacy policies of any other entities, including the providers of third party applications.
Collection of Personal Data
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of Personal Data we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, password, location, job title, professional skills, phone number, social media handle, picture, and other biographical or identifying information you provide. In addition, we collect information when or if you:
- Create an account, manage your user profile, or upload files;
- Participate in any interactive features of our Sites, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, or make a purchase;
- Request customer support or otherwise communicate with us;
- Register for or attend an event hosted, sponsored or co-sponsored by Highspot (e.g., we may, with your consent, scan your attendee badge, which will provide certain information about you such as name, title, company name, etc.);
- Register for online community events we host (e.g., we may ask you to provide a username, photo and/or biographical information, such as your occupation, company name, area of expertise, etc.);
- Use and interact with our Sites (e.g., we automatically collect information about your device and interaction with our Sites through cookies or web beacons, which may qualify as Personal Data; see Cookies section below for more detail);
- Visit Highspot offices (e.g., you may be required to register as a visitor and provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and time and date of arrival);
- Participate in community and open source development; or
- Receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls, or texts.
Highspot is based in the United States of America (USA). By accessing or using our Site or otherwise providing information to us, Personal Data about you may be processed and transferred to the USA (and any other countries where our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or service providers may be located).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
If you are located in the European Union, you may also contact our EU office at:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Site, including the type of browser you use, device information, access times, pages viewed, files read, search words, your IP address, information about your activity within the Site (such as the pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you used) and the page you visited before navigating to our Services;
Information We Collect from Other Sources
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources. We may combine such information with other information we have collected about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide offers and services that may be of interest to you. These sources may include public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as other third-party sources.
Use of Personal Data
Purposes for Which We Process Personal Data
Highspot collects, uses, and processes Personal Data for the purposes identified in the following:
- Handling support requests: If you fill out a web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means including via phone, we process your Personal Data to perform our contractual obligations to you and to the extent it is necessary for your legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process your Personal Data to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure we are meeting our customer’s demands and user experiences;
- Registering office visitors: We process your Personal Data for security reasons, to register visitors at our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements our visitors sign to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information from unauthorized access and disclosure;
- Sending marketing communications: We process your Personal Data to send marketing information and other marketing non-transactional communications or promotions about Highspot, its subsidiaries and affiliates, or its partners, to the extent necessary for our legitimate business interest to market our services;
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Data to comply with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or if necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Site, pursuing remedies available to us, and complying with judicial proceedings or responding to lawful requests; and
- General Business Operations: As necessary for general business administration, such as but not limited to, accounting, recordkeeping, and legal functions to meet our business obligations.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to that information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With sponsors or business partners who co-sponsor events and other offerings with us. We may share your information with these co-sponsors when you sign up for events or offerings to allow our partners to send marketing communications that may be of interest to you, as permitted by applicable law;
- With a relevant third party if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other fundamental corporate change, or the sale of a business unit or all or a portion of our business, assets or stock;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Highspot or other interested parties;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; or
- In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may store and retain information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy. We retain information about you for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We also retain information about you as necessary for legitimate business purposes and to comply with our legal obligations, such as record keeping, accounting, fraud prevention, and other business administrative purposes. Information about you may also be stored in third-party services such as Amazon Web Services, Google Analytics, Marketo, and Salesforce.
We will retain information about you for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue Highspot’s legitimate business interests to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce applicable agreements. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Other Companies
Integrations with Third-Party Applications
Our Site include features that allow users to integrate with various third-party applications. For more information on the third-party applications available to integrate with your use of our Services, please visit this webpage. Integrations may include features that pull and/or push Personal Data from or to the Services offered by Highspot. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with third-party applications, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these applications. In regards to the use and transfer of any Personal Data or additional information received through the Google Application Programming Interface (API) from integrations with products offered by Google, Highspot will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Highspot takes measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We take precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard and prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, any Personal Data we process or use.
Although we follow standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are exclusively responsible to protect your passwords, to limit and control access to your devices. If you have questions about the security of our systems and our Services, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
This Policy also applies to your use of the Highspot Marketplace, and the third-party apps made available through that marketplace. In connection with your use of those apps, we collect certain log information and other related usage information, such as time/date of access, features used and other related activity information.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser that allow us or third parties to recognize you and your computer by storing small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our website and your use of our services. Where we refer to “cookie,” we also mean to include related technologies such as pixels, tags, and beacons.
What types of cookies does Sales Enablement PRO use?
Sales Enablement PRO uses a variety of cookies, some which are tied to the core functionality of our website and our services, and others that are tied to targeted advertising. Review the different categories to learn more about the types of cookies that may be used with your browsing activity in relation to our services.
Cookies served through the Sales Enablement PRO website
Certain cookies are used, or may be used, to improve your browsing activity on our websites, including for targeting and advertising purposes, as updated by Highspot from time to time. The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through the Highspot website and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below.
Essential cookies allow you to navigate and use our services (e.g. accessing secure areas of our services using a username and password). These first-party cookies are sometimes called “strictly necessary” because without them we cannot provide much of the functionality that you need to use our services.
Because essential cookies are required to operate our services, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
|__cf_bm||app-sj04.marketo.com||Distinguishes between humans and bots in order to make valid reports of their use of the website.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|AWSELBCORS||recording.crazyegg.com||Registers which server-cluster is serving the visitor. This is used in context with load balancing, in order to optimize user experience.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|CookieConsent||salesenablement.pro||Stores the visitor’s cookie consent state for the current domain.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|debug||salesenablement.pro||Pending||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|PHPSESSID||salesenablement.pro||Preserves user session state across page requests.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|pusherTransportTLS||salesenablement.pro||Technical cookie that synchronizes the website and the CMS. This is used to update the website.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
Functional cookies collect information about how our services are used and allow us to provide enhanced, personalized features. We may also use these cookies to improve how our website functions and to provide you with more relevant communications (e.g. marketing communications).
You can manage the placement of functional cookies on your browser in your individual browser settings. Opting out of these cookies may impact the functionality of our services and your user experience.
|lang||ads.linkedin.com||Remembers the visitor’s selected language version of a website for ads on the social networking service LinkedIn.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|weird_get_top_level_domain||salesenablement.pro||The cookie determines the preferred language and country-setting of the visitor – This allows the website to show content most relevant to that region and language.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|driftt_aid||salesenablement.pro||Necessary for the functionality of the website’s chat-box function.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|DRIFT_SESSION_ID||salesenablement.pro||Allows the website to recoqnise the visitor, in order to optimize the chat-box functionality.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|DRIFT_SESSION_STARTED||salesenablement.pro||Stores a unique ID string for each chat-box session. This allows the website-support to see previous issues and reconnect with the previous supporter.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|DRIFT_visitCounts||salesenablement.pro||Determines the number of visits of the specific visitor. This is used in order to make the chat-box function more relevant.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our services. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance. To opt out of data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a browser add-on which is available here.
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
|_cer.v||salesenablement.pro||Collects statistics on the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been read.||12 days||HTTP Cookie|
|_cer.s||salesenablement.pro||Collects statistics on the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been read.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|_ce.s||salesenablement.pro||Collects data on the user’s navigation and behavior on the website. This is used to compile statistical reports and heatmaps for the website owner.||1779 days||HTTP Cookie|
|_ga||salesenablement.pro||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|hjViewportId||salesenablement.pro||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|_gat||salesenablement.pro||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|_hjFirstSeen||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|_hjFirstSeen||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|cb%3Atest||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|ce_asset||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|ce_asset_waiting||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|pfjs%3Acookies||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|sepro_article_or_question_pageviews||salesenablement.pro||Pending.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
Targeting cookies may be set through our services by our advertising partners. They may be used by those partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. Targeting cookies do not directly store personal data but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. To learn more about targeted advertising and targeting cookies and your ability to opt out, please visit the opt-out pages of WebChoices here; if you are located in the European Union, click here. In addition, you may opt out of other advertising-based cookies via TrustArc here.
|d/px||adsymptotic.com||Collects data on visitors’ preferences and behaviour on the website – This information is used make content and advertisement more relevant to the specific visitor.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
|IDE||doubleclick.net||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|test_cookie||doubleclick.net||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|ads/ga-audiences||google.com||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
|pagead/1p-user-list/#||google.com||Tracks if the user has shown interest in specific products or events across multiple websites and detects how the user navigates between sites. This is used for measurement of advertisement efforts and facilitates payment of referral-fees between websites.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
|bcookie||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|bscookie||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|lang||linkedin.com||Set by LinkedIn when a web page contains an embedded “Follow us” panel.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|lidc||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|lissc||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|UserMatchHistory||linkedin.com||Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor’s preferences.||29 days||HTTP Cookie|
|__tld__||salesenablement.pro||Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor’s preferences.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|cb_anonymous_id||salesenablement.pro||Collects data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement – This also allows the website to limit the number of times that they are shown the same advertisement.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|cb_group_id||salesenablement.pro||Collects data on visitors. This information is used to assign visitors into segments, making website advertisement more efficient.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|cb_group_properties||salesenablement.pro||Collects data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement – This also allows the website to limit the number of times that they are shown the same advertisement.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|cb_user_id||salesenablement.pro||Collects data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement – This also allows the website to limit the number of times that they are shown the same advertisement.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|cb_user_traits||salesenablement.pro||Collects data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement – This also allows the website to limit the number of times that they are shown the same advertisement.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|drift_aid||salesenablement.pro||Sets a unique ID for the specific user. This allows the website to target the user with relevant offers through its chat functionality.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|drift_campaign_refresh||salesenablement.pro||Sets a unique ID for the specific user. This allows the website to target the user with relevant offers through its chat functionality.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days||HTTP Cookie|
|YSC||youtube.com||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|yt-remote-device-id||youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|yt-remote-session-app||youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|yt-remote-session-name||youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML Local Storage|
How Do I Manage Cookies?
Cookie opt-out links: You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below. Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. Click here for more information. You can opt out of certain cookies here and if you are located in the European Union, click here.
Browser Settings: Many web browsers accept cookies by default. You can usually change your browser’s settings to reject and/or remove many cookies. On some browsers, you can choose to let Highspot’s website place cookies, but choose to reject cookies from certain third parties (such as analytics companies and advertising companies). Please visit your browser’s help or settings menu for more information. To learn more about how to control cookie settings through your browser:
- Click here to learn more about Private Browsing and managing cookie settings in Firefox.
- Click here to learn more about Incognito and managing cookie settings in Chrome.
- Click here to learn more about “InPrivate” and managing cookie settings in Internet Explorer.
- Click here to learn more about “Private Browsing” and managing cookie setting in Safari.
Please note that if you choose to reject or remove cookies, this may prevent certain features or certain parts of our Services from working properly. Since your cookie opt-out preferences are also stored in a cookie on your website browser, please also note that if you delete all cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
Additional Information for California Residents
- California Shine the Light: Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com or as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
You may opt out of receiving promotional email messages from Highspot by following the instructions in those emails or by managing your communications preferences through your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you want your phone number to be added to our internal do-not-call telemarketing list, please contact us using the information below in the “Contact Us” section. Please include your first name, last name, company, and the phone number you wish to add to the do-not-contact list.
You can update your email preferences here.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can reach out to us by mail at:
2211 Elliott Ave
Seattle, WA 98121